Quapaw Area Council
|Home - Camping - Training - Calendar - Forms - Facilities - Maps - Search|
To earn the Bronze Award for YOUTH MINISTRIES activities, do nine of the following:
1. Earn your denomination's Venturing-age religious award. See pages 68-69 of the Venturer Handbook; pages 12-13 of Relationships Resources No. 4-400; or the A Scout Is Reverant religious emblems chart No. 5-206C.
2. (a ) Learn about cultural diversity.
(b) Make a presentation or tabletop display using the information you learned in (a) above. OR
(c) Invite someone from a different cultural background from yours and the majority of your crew's members to give a presentation on a subject of his or her choosing. Introduce your guest.
(d) Participate in a discussion about cultural diversity with your crew, Sunday school class, or other group.
3. (a) Plan and lead a service project such as helping to build a Habitat for Humanity house, participating in a community cleanup project, or taking on a fix-up project for a nursing home or nursery.4. (a) Serve as a volunteer in your church or synagogue or other nonprofit organization for at least three months.
5. Go on a religious retreat or religious trek lasting at least two days.
6. Produce or be a cast member in some type of entertainment production with a religious or ethical theme, such as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a children's group, retirement home, homeless shelter, or Cub Scout or Boy Scout group.
7. Serve as president, leader, or officer of your Sunday school class or youth group.
8. Complete a Standard First Aid course or higher course or its equivalent.
9.(a) Participate in at least two Ethical Controversies activities as a participant.
11. Meet with your church or synagogue minister/rabbi/leader to find out what he or she does, what they had to do to become your leader, and what they think is the most important element of their job.
[Activities or projects that are more available in your area may be substituted with your Advisor's approval for activities shown above.]
Above information from Venturing Handbook (No. 33493), 1999 printing.
Quapaw Area Council - Boy Scouts Of America
3220 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, AR 72202
(501) 664-4780 -- Fax (501) 664-4785
|Copyright (©) 2000-2004 Quapaw Area Council|